Friday, March 4, 2011

Audrey Kawasaki

I wish I could draw half as good as Audrey Kawasaki!
She  is 28 years old, Japanese-American from LA.
She is famous for her unique and distinctive style.
I think she is the most amazingest illustrator in the world.
All of her works are done in oil paint on wood panels.
Her style is a fusion  Art Nouveau and Japanese manga.
The girls in her illustrations look so innocent but slightly erotic at the same time, I think that's why people love her and makes her unique.
I've never used oil before. I've only used acrylic on canvas but oil on wood gives smooth texture and it is easier to paint because acrylic only gives you few minutes to blend the colors, but oil paints take up to a week to completely dry. I'd love to try it out!





1 comment:

  1. What lovely pictures. Envious. :)

    Writing: I would like to see a bit more writing. You're still having a few problems with run ons:
    The girls in her illustrations look so innocent but slightly erotic at the same time, I think that's why people love her and makes her unique.

    Correction:The girls in her illustrations look so innocent, but slightly erotic at the same time. I think that's why people love her and that is what makes her unique.

    ReplyDelete